Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Start....

 Let me tell you a little about myself...
I am a Mum of two and need I say more on that front!!! That is a full time job in itself, though they are 16 and 9, I still seem to be running circles around them. So, in order to keep my sanity, I de stress by creating.  Its what I have been doing for several years now. To name a few things I have done- candle making, pot painting and folk art (I still paint them...will put up a few pictures).

My forray into jewellery was by accident. I had been surfing the net to figure out how to make curtain tiebacks when I came accross handmade jewellery. So I spent some months experimenting and trying out the different methods. I fell hopelessly in love with it. So what you see is completely self taught and a lot of experimenting but all made with a lot of love and passion. There is a routine at my place, whatever I make a piece of jewellery I keep it on the living room table, The hubby and kids all come home and go striaght to the table and I get their unbiased comments on the piece created. Yeah...some pieces are sadly in the remake box!!

I have sold some pieces in the past month and thats when one of my beaders told me about Made It. It really is a great place to showcase your craft. I finally got things organized and managed to have it running on the weekend. Today I decided to figure out blogging..and this is what I could manage.

Now that you know me a little, I promise new posts will have more pictures of work I am doing.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with made it and blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachael, trying really hard to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your green theme green is my favourite colour. Goodluck with all your creative ventures in 2010.

    ReplyDelete